Nathan R. Bogart
Nathan joined Joyce Law Firm in October 2016 after working with a Dallas-based immigration firm in Dallas, Amarillo, and Fayetteville. Since joining, Nathan has managed the firm’s immigration practice, focusing exclusively on immigration law with a particular emphasis on immigration litigation. Nathan also participates regularly in firm-sponsored seminars, conferences, and media appearances both in-person and online.
Having practiced immigration law almost exclusively since graduating law school, Nathan has experience in removal defense, appeals to the federal circuit courts, citizenship applications, and asylum claims as well as representing clients in general family and investment-related immigrant and non-immigrant applications. Nathan has appeared on behalf of clients in immigration courts and offices of the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services throughout the United States.
Prior to attending law school, Nathan attended the University of Arkansas, graduating in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & Latin American Studies. In May 2010, Nathan received his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law. While in law school, Nathan worked in the University of Arkansas Immigration Clinic, representing low income clients at no cost in removal proceedings. He also served as a judicial intern for the Circuit Court of Washington County, Arkansas and as a senior editor on the Journal of Islamic Law and Culture.
Nathan is licensed to practice law in Arkansas. He is admitted to the Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth & Eighth Circuits, as well as several U.S. District Courts. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Arkansas Bar Association, serving both organizations in a variety of capacities.
Since 2015, Nathan has been the host of “Preguntas con el abogado,” an immigration law-related program airing on Northwest Arkansas’s La Zeta 95.7 FM. He has also been a contributor to, or otherwise featured in, several other media outlets, appearing on KXUN 31 (Arkansas), KHOG 4029 (Northwest Arkansas), KUAF 91.3 FM (Northwest Arkansas), Arkansas Democrat Gazette (Arkansas), Radio Luz 102.5 FM/1440 AM (Dallas), KCTV 5 (Kansas City), KUKC 48 (Kansas City), La X 1250 AM (Kansas City), La Poderosa 96.1 FM (Amarillo, TX), and La Mega 105.1 FM (Amarillo, TX).
Nathan is also a frequent lecturer on immigration law and law firm management topics, having been invited to speak by national, state, and local organizations on topics including removal proceedings, family-based immigration, social media and the law, and law firm marketing.
A proud native of Mobile, Alabama, Nathan has also lived in Kansas City, Madrid, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Amarillo. Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Joy, and their two children. Nathan also spends his free time reading, cooking, cycling, cheering on his Arkansas Razorbacks, and making short stories long and long stories longer.
Nathan is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Deportation defense
- Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Petitions for Review before the Federal Circuit Courts
- Citizenship & Naturalization
- Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing
- Investment-based Non-immigrant Applications
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth & Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts:
- Eastern & Western Districts of Arkansas
- Northern District of Texas
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2010
- University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Arts, May 2007
- Administrator, Inmigración Arkansas, August 2016 to present
- Administrator, Laws with Intended Consequences, October 2014 to present
- Contributor, Petty & Associates, PLLC Blog, May 2015 to October 2016
- Author, Web Conferencing: Is Seeing Believing? Immigration Practice News, October 2014
- Co-author, How to Run Your Practice from a Tropical Island, American Immigration Lawyers Association, January 2014
- Author, 6 Keys for the Effective Use of Social Media, Immigration Practice News, January 2014
- Author, Considering Removal Defense? Don’t Go in Blind, New Members Division E-News, American Immigration Lawyers Association, December 2013
- Author, Why Missouri Matters in the Immigration Debate, ILW.com, February 2012
- Panelist, Mardi Gras and Motions: Filing Motions Before EOIR, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Texas/Mid-South Joint Conference, The Westin, New Orleans, LA, November 4, 2016.
- Presenter, Crimmigration: Keeping Your Clients Safe in Criminal Proceedings, University of Arkansas-Fort Smith’s College of Business Professional Update 2016, University of Arkansas-Fort Smith, Fort Smith, AR, May 20, 2016.
- Panelist, Ethical Considerations in Removal Defense, Mid-South Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Third Thursday Lunch & CLE, Foghorn’s, Springdale, AR, April 21, 2016.
- Panelist, The American Way, 2016 Arkansas Fair Housing Conference, Marriott Hotel, Little Rock, AR, April 7, 2016.
- Presenter, Figuring Out INA 245(i) Grandfathered Petitions, the Texas Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Panhandle Section, Napoli’s Fine Italian Restaurant, Amarillo, TX, September 25, 2015.
- Click to see a complete list of Nathan’s presentations
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Panhandle Section Coordinator, Texas Chapter, 2015
- National Practice Management Committee, 2013-2015
- New Members Division Liaison, Missouri-Kansas Chapter, 2013-2014
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Lawyers Helping Lawyers Committee, 2015-present
- Social Media Committee, 2015-present
- Law Related Education Committee, 2015-present
- W.B. Putnam Inn of Court
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society