Alexander Chak joined Joyce Law Firm in 2019 as an attorney. Alex is an outdoor enthusiast. Alex spends most of his days off – if any – hiking the trails and mountains or fishing the lakes and rivers of Arkansas. Alex fishes for trout, catfish, walleyes, white bass, and various other species.
Throughout law school, Alex clerked in various corporate, government, and private sectors including but not limited to Arkansas Attorney General’s Office (Civil and Medicaid Fraud Control Unit Departments), Tyson Foods, Inc. (Legal), Walmart, Inc. (International Regulatory Compliance and Food Safety Compliance), and medium sized law firms in Little Rock. Alex graduated top quarter-percentile of his class. Alex was also a Board Member of the Arkansas Law Notes in 2017 and the Executive Editor of Arkansas Law Notes in 2018. Prior to attending law school, Alex attended the University of California, Irvine, graduating in 2013 with two Bachelor of Arts, both with Latin honors; one in Criminology, Law and Society and the other in Psychology and Social Behavior. In May 2018, Alex received his Juris Doctor with Latin honors from the University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville.
Alex is licensed to practice in Arkansas. He will be focusing on most civil matters including but not limited to: business, contracts, real estate, torts, collections, domestic relations, estate planning, etc.
Born in New York, Alex had lived both abroad in Asia and in various states across the United States.
Alexander is fluent in Mandarin, Chinese.
Areas of Practice
- General Practice
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2018, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Business Law Certificate, 2018, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Criminology, Law and Society, 2013, University of California Irvine
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Psychology and Social Behavior, 2013, University of California Irvine
- Scott M. Strauss and Alexander W Chak, Requiring the Uncompensated Lawyer to Represent Civil Litigation is Unconstitutional: The Emperor Has No Clothes, 53 The Arkansas Lawyer 20, (Winter 2018).